Competition detailsRepertoire and memorization requirements
- Instrumental (brass, percussion, strings, woodwinds)
- Perform one or two solo works (10 mins. max.) at the level of works from the Class A OMEA Adjudicated Events List; memorization is at the discretion of the performer.
- Perform the first movement of a sonata by Haydn, Mozart or Beethoven and at least one other contrasting piece from a different style period (15 mins. max.); memorization required.
- Perform two contrasting solos (10 mins. max.), one in English and one in a foreign
language, at the level of works from the Class A OMEA Adjudicated Events List; memorization required.
- Perform two contrasting solos (10 mins. max.), one in English and one in a foreign language, at the level of works from the Class A OMEA Adjudicated Events List; memorization required.
- Accompanists will be provided by Bluffton University
- Applicants must request an accompanist on the scholarship application. Accompanist copies of scores must be provided to the university on or before Monday, Feb. 22, 2016.
- Participants may choose to provide their own accompanist
Copies of scores
- In addition to the accompanist copy, participants must provide one original copy of each composition for the faculty judges
- Please mark measure numbers in judge's scores
- Photocopied score will disqualify the contestant from the competition
- Decision of the judges is final
- The judges reserve the right to hear all or part of the prepared solos and the right not to choose a winner
- Performance time is limited as stated in the guidelines
- No videotaping, photography or recording is permitted