Performing Scholar Competition
Are you a gifted musician graduating from high school in 2013? Do you have a GPA of at least 3.2 (or scored a minimum of 22 ACT or 1050 SAT)?
If so, you are invited to compete for up to $20,000 in scholarships through Bluffton's Performing Scholar Competition.
- Two $20,000 scholarships, renewable for 4 years ($80,000)
- Two $18,000 scholarships, renewable for 4 years ($72,000)
Additional renewable scholarships, starting at $2,000 per year, are available for other students that demonstrate strong artistic and academic ability. >>> more info
Preliminary Performing Scholar Competition auditions will be held on Saturday, Feb. 23, 2013. Finalists will be announced by the end of activities on Saturday and invited to return to campus to perform their prepared repertoire as a part of the Masterworks Concert on Sunday, Feb. 24, 2013. Scholarship winners will be announced following the Masterworks Concert on Sunday.
Preliminary audition schedule
A detailed schedule of the preliminary round of competition will be sent to all registered participants no later than Feb. 15, 2013
- Activities will include:
- A private audition Auditions include a performance of prepared repertoire, sight reading, an informal interview with the faculty and ear training/theory assessments
- Opportunities for one-on-one private lessons on your major instrument
- Rehearsal/warm-up time (individually and with accompanist)
- Meet current Bluffton University students
- Campus tours
- Listening opportunities (hear Bluffton students in dress rehearsal)
- Opportunities to meet with faculty and students in other departments
- Open to high school seniors graduating in spring 2013
- A minimum of a 22 ACT, 1050 SAT or a 3.2 GPA
- Competition registration submitted by Feb. 1, 2013
- A completed application for admission to Bluffton University submitted by Feb. 1, 2013
- Scholarship recipients must declare a major in music or music education at Bluffton University.
- Students may be scholarship recipients in one performance area only
- Children of Bluffton University faculty/staff are not eligible