Teaching licensure

Adolescent/Young Adult (AYA) education license

To teach mathematics in secondary school you need to complete a mathematics major along with professional education courses to obtain an adolescent/young adult license in integrated mathematics.

Middle childhood education license

Students interested in teaching mathematics in middle school, grades 4-9, must complete a middle childhood education major with mathematics as one of the two areas of concentration.

The middle childhood license requires concentration in two areas. Many students choose a math and science combination because there is some overlap in requirements, but mathematics can also be combined with language arts or social studies. Middle childhood teachers are not required to complete a mathematics major; rather, they complete a middle childhood education degree from the education department.

Explore course requirements for:

Four-Year plans for:

Want to learn more about Bluffton?