|Dallas businessman Peter Stewart spearheaded the development of this public place of ecumenical worship and thanksgiving. The plaza is located on a sloping 3-acre triangular site in the heart of downtown Dallas, with the chapel at the highest point on the site. The shape of the chapel is often described as symbolic, even mystical, with the concept of gratitude being expressed in an ascending circle. |
Center and right: The chapel in front of the embossed aluminum panels of Harrison and Abramovitz' Republic National Bank (1955)
The plaza and rampA long ramp provides a bridge over the plaza to the chapel. Although the chapel is white concrete, color is added by the Texas pink granite as exposed aggregate. In this winter scene, some of the pools are empty of water.
Looking up at the stained glass panels which spiral upwards and a view of the small chapelThe images below of the interior were generously contributed to this site by Les Center. He owns the copyright. If you are interested in the photographs, please contact him directly: Les Center
The carillonThe carillon is located at the sharp acute angle at the bottom of the triangular site.
Click here to return to index of art historical sites.
Click here to return to index of artists and architects.
Click here to return to chronological index.
Click here to see the home page of Bluffton College.