The choir screen and elaborate Gothic vaultingThe nave is unusual for its lack of side aisles, although it has side chapels between the buttresses. It is simply a wide, open space, which is divided by a large ornate choir screen. The late 15th-century choir screen has many carved and/or painted statues of Old and New Testament figures.
The rounded west wall with a mural painted between 1474 and 1484 and the 18th century French organThis large painting by anonymous Franco-Flemish artists depicts the Last Judgment.
A side chapelSide chapels fill the niches between the buttresses. One chapel has a polychrome replica of Stefano Maderno's sculpture of St. Cecilia's body from Santa Cecilia in Trasteverein Rome.
Click here to return to index of art historical sites.
Click here to return to index of artists and architects.
Click here to return to chronological index.
Click here to see the home page of Bluffton University.