Schultz Faculty Scholarship

Karl Schultz Faculty Scholarship Grant

The university now has available two endowed faculty scholarship grants, each providing one six-credit-hour release spread over a two-year period. The Karl V. Schultz Faculty Scholarship Grant is available for 2010-12. Applications for this grant are due Nov. 30, 2009. Please send applications to George Lehman, faculty development committee chair, via Nancy Neff.

  • Endowed faculty scholarship grants are available to any tenured or tenure-track faculty member with a minimum of three years teaching experience at Bluffton University.
  • Applicants are required to submit a two to three page proposal which includes:
    • Description of the scholarly or creative work proposed.
    • Relationship of this proposal to previous and on-going scholarly pursuits.
    • The specific methods by which the scholarly or creative objectives will be achieved.
    • The theoretical and/or practical significance of the scholarly or creative work.
    • Possible venues through which the scholarly or creative work will be made available to the larger public.
    • The anticipated time schedule for completing this work, including the anticipated semester(s) in which the release time will be used.
  • In addition to the application, please attach a one to two page curriculum vitae with attention to past scholarly achievements that would indicate the likelihood of success in the endowed faculty scholarship grant program.
  • Applications are due to the Faculty Development Committee by Nov. 30, 2009, with decisions announced by Dec. 11, 2009, for grants to begin the following academic year.
  • Applications will be assessed by the Faculty Development Committee on the basis of their fit with the aforementioned guidelines. Per interests of the donor, applicants for the Karl V. Schultz Faculty Scholarship Grant are encouraged to develop proposals that include an effort to explore across disciplines and impact the lives of real people and communities."
  • The highest rated application will be sent to the vice president and dean of academic affairs and the president for their consideration and approval.