The Bluffton Fund
Annual gifts to the Bluffton Fund provide essential support for Great teaching and Learning - including academic programs, cross cultural learning, student life, Team Bluffton (athletics), the arts and lecture programs, and student financial aid. Your gift helps Bluffton provide an educational experience of the highest quality so that our graduates are truly prepared for life! Each year, approximately 40 percent of Bluffton Fund gifts help fund student financial aid and 60 percent provides support for the total educational program.
You can designate your gift by selecting from the gift options available online, including:
- Great Teaching and Learning: 40 percent for student scholarship and 60 percent for the total educational program
- Arts & Lecture Series: Includes guest presentations by artists, musicians, theatre, and guest speakers at weekly Forums and special events
- Cross cultural program: Helps fund the cost of Bluffton's distinctive cross cultural experiences including short-term and semester
- Alumni Association: Helps organize traditional Homecoming and May Day events and recognize alumni excellence at the annual Alumni and Athletics Hall of Fame Banquets
- Women's Council Grants: Support women students with grants to attend professional development conferences
- General Scholarship fund: Helps make a Bluffton education accessible to all qualified students
- International Student Scholarship Fund: Provides financial support and contributes to a global student experience
- Team Bluffton: Supports the varsity sports program including athletic teams, equipment and field improvements
- Lion & Lamb Peace Arts Center: Provide support for on campus and outreach programs that provide tools for peacemaking with a special emphasis on programs for children
- Class Gift: On milestone graduation anniversaries, many alumni join with their classmates to leave a lasting legacy gift to the university. A committee of class members works with the alumni office to decide on which special project to support and the monetary goal for the class.
The Loyal Bluffton program recognizes individuals and couples who renew their annual Bluffton Fund support of $100-$999 for five continuous years and at five year intervals thereafter.