Applications for Institutional Review Board approval of research involving human subjects require three items:
- A brief discussion of the proposed research and its potential impacts on human subjects.
- Documentation of informed consent procedures or justification of non-use.
- * Informed consent is information for potential participants in a research project
- Describes what the research is
- Describes how a subject would participate
- Assures that participation is voluntary
- Assures confidentiality
- * Informed consent is information for potential participants in a research project that:
- A completed IRB certification form that classifies the level of review appropriate
for the research as either “exempt from further review,” requiring “expedited review”
or requiring “full review”.