- Endowed Faculty Scholarship Grants are available to any tenured or tenure-track faculty member with a minimum of three years teaching experience at Bluffton University.
- Applicants are required to submit a two-three page proposal which includes:
- Description of the scholarly or creative work proposed.
- Relationship of this proposal to previous and on-going scholarly pursuits.
- The specific methods by which the scholarly or creative objectives will be achieved.
- The theoretical and/or practical significance of the scholarly or creative work.
- Possible venues through which the scholarly or creative work will be made available to the larger public.
The anticipated time schedule for completing this work, including the anticipated semester(s) in which the release time will be used.
In addition to the application please attach a one-two page curriculum vitae, with attention to past scholarly achievements that would indicate the likelihood of success in the Endowed Faculty Scholarship Grant program.
Applications will be assessed by the Faculty Development Committee on the basis of their objectives, methodology, significance, mission fit, likelihood of success, and adherence to the aforementioned guidelines.
The highest rated application will be sent to the vice president and dean of academic affairs and the president for their consideration and approval.