Assists in the general operations of the registrar’s office. Assists the registrar in implementing the academic program, developing the schedule of courses, maintaining accurate academic records and the student information system.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Manages daily operations of registrar's office including responding to student, faculty and visitor requests, answering calls and emails, and processing transcript requests.
- Manages graduation, including graduation audits for all students, preparation of graduation and distribution of diplomas.
- Maintains university catalog (attends faculty meetings to note curricular changes), registrar's pages on website, and my.bluffton.edu resources.
- Attends faculty meetings to note faculty decisions and changes that affect the registrar's office.
- Maintains advising module, including building advising trees.
- Maintains four-year plans, currently on paper, eventually online.
- Plans and prepares for new student summer orientations.
- Manages student withdrawal process.
- Order office supplies.
- Collect course syllabi and class lists from faculty.
- Prepares Dean's List and letter and manages C. Henry Smith eligibility and application process.
- Determines student athletic eligibility.
- Updates Arts & Lecture event list and attendance records.
- Supervises Arts & Lecture attendance procedures.
- Communicates with high school guidance offices regarding CCP schedules and grades.
- Collect registrations for Collaborative MBA, disperse class lists and grades.
- Schedules probation meetings for registrar, advisor and director of Learning Resource Center.
- Maintains accurate and complete academic records in the student information system.
- Oversees grade entry by faculty.
- Oversees academic status of students, including eligibility for probation, suspension, and Dean's List and Pi Delta list.
- Orders diplomas.
- Supervises and trains student workers.
Occasional duties and responsibilities
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Occasional evening and/or weekend duties as needed (determined by supervisor).
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties of this job.
- Education and/or experience:
- Minimum: bachelor's degree in a related field. Two to four years of secretarial experience with technological aptitude, similar or directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified above. Previous work experience in an education setting helpful.
- Preferred: Four years of broad experience with a college registrar's office. Some supervisory experience.
- Special Skills:
- Organizational skills with keen attention to detail; computer proficiency, particularly in Word and Excel; good written and verbal communication skills; ability to handle multiple tasks; interpersonal skills.
pHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
Typical office conditions.
Applications are considered complete when the following materials have been received at the office indicated below.
Letter of interest
Completed Bluffton employment application form
Employment decisions are based on merit and university needs, and not on race, color,
national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or any other status protected by law. As a religious institution,
Bluffton University expressly reserves its rights to appoint faculty and staff who
share a commitment to the Christian faith which is consistent with the Mennonite/Anabaptist
beliefs of the university’s founding and supporting church. EOE.
sEND APPLICATION MATERIALS TO:
1 University Drive
Bluffton, OH 45817-2104
Attn: Iris Neufeld