Alumni engagement associate
The alumni engagement associate builds and strengthens relationships with current and future alumni. He/she assists the director of alumni relations and annual giving with a variety of alumni and donor outreach programs and has direct responsibility for young alumni events and the Student Alumni Association. He/she works as a member of the university's advancement team (alumni engagement, development and public relations) with the goal of growing constituent engagement and support for the university's mission, programs and students.
- Event planning and coordination
- Campus Alumni Events – Assist with planning and coordination of Homecoming, May Day and other campus events and programs.
- Young Alumni Events – Have direct responsibility for planning and implementing a limited number of on-campus and regional events.
- Web Site Management – Maintain alumni web pages by updating information and photos on a semi-monthly basis; create new web pages to promote alumni events and programs.
- Preparing future alumni
- Provide leadership for the Student Alumni Association, including events that connect students with alumni and raise awareness of the value of the alumni community. Participate actively with students and faculty/staff in a variety of campus activities.
- Annual Fund Phonathon Campaign – Assist Director with the annual Phonathon campaign.
Recruit student callers, staff support for call center and vendor, and manage the
pledge reminder-fulfillment process.
- Affirm and embrace the Bluffton University Mission Statement.
- Be energetic, goal-oriented, self-directed, organized and efficient.
- Enjoy interacting with students, faculty/staff and alumni.
- Collaborate with members of the advancement team.
- Present positive representation of the university to all constituents (internal and
Education and experience:
Bachelor's degree is essential. Prior experience in event planning and/or marketing/sales is helpful.
Possess verbal and written communication skills in English to deliver effective public presentations and professional correspondence. Be familiar with standard MS Office applications and be comfortable learning new software applications (training provided).
Physical demands/work environment:
Works in a typical office environment including computing tasks. He/she must be physically able to lift and transport event setup materials, and will occasionally work in outdoor settings. Will need to travel and be able to work weekends and evenings. Must possess a valid driver's license.
Print and complete the employment application form.
Send application, letter of interest and resume to:
Julia Szabo, Director of alumni relations and annual giving
1 University Drive
Bluffton, OH 45817
Bluffton University welcomes applications from all academically-qualified persons who respect the Anabaptist/Mennonite peace church tradition and endorse Christian higher education in a liberal arts environment. Members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply. EOE.