The development associate will build relationships with and solicits gifts from constituents of Bluffton University including alumni, friends and business and corporate partners. They work with members of the development team to plan and implement a variety of strategies to secure and grow annual and major gifts, planned gifts and estate commitments. The associate will be a member of the university's advancement team (alumni engagement, development and public relations) with the goal of growing constituent engagement and support for the university's mission, programs and students.
- Constituent Relations and Development
- Build relationships with current donors and prospects to grow annual and long-term support.
- Build ongoing donor relationships to help secure major gifts and estate commitments.
- Develop and manage relationships with business and corporate partners.
- Collaborate with the development team to implement and achieve annual giving objectives.
- Develop new donor prospects for funding initiatives and campaigns.
- Contributes to strategic efforts to grow donor participation by younger alumni.
- Advancement Program and Initiatives
- Assist in hosting a variety of constituent events on campus and in regional locations including alumni and donor recognition, athletics, business and corporate partners.
- Contribute to strategic efforts to grow alumni engagement including by younger alumni.
Education and experience:
A bachelor's degree is required. Prior experience in constituent relations and/or fund-raising (annual fund or major gifts) or marketing/sales is a plus.
Possess highly developed interpersonal skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to deliver effective public presentations and professional correspondence and proposals in English. Comfortable working with standard MS Office applications, including Excel; Ability to develop proficiency with fundraising software and related research tools (training provided).
Physical demands/work environment:
The development associate works in a typical office environment including daily computing. He/she will occasionally work in outdoor campus settings. Frequent overnight travel including some weekends involving driving long distances and air travel. Must possess a valid driver's license.
Print and complete the employment application form.
Send application, letter of interest and resume to:
Chris Moser, Director of Development
1 University Drive
Bluffton, OH 45817
Bluffton University welcomes applications from all academically-qualified persons who respect the Anabaptist/Mennonite peace church tradition and endorse Christian higher education in a liberal arts environment. Members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply. EOE.