Through Bluffton's teacher education courses, you will be prepared to create communities of learning and respect in your classroom. Bluffton graduates are among the best qualified in the nation, as reflected in student rankings on the Praxis II assessments and in the reputation our graduates enjoy once they enter the teaching profession.
What's special about Bluffton's teacher education department?
- We are accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
- As a first year student you have the opportunity to stay in a Community-to-Classroom living-learning community
- You will begin gaining experience in a classroom in a local school (also known as field experience) in your first semester as an education student.
- The Lion and Lamb Peace Arts Center of Bluffton University provides peace and conflict resolution programs and resources for education students and public school teachers and students.
- We are one of only 10 programs in Ohio offering a minor in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages.)
- Along with the various programs leading to state teacher licensure, we offer a graduate programs in education designed for both secondary and elementary teachers.
To contact the education department:
Want to learn more about Bluffton?
Bluffton is different in that you get hands-on experience (also called field experience) in a classroom beginning as early as your first year in the education program.
Teacher Job Fair
Seven private universities join forces to provide an annual opportunity for teacher
candidates to meet with recruiters from school districts around the country. The 2015
event will be held at Bluffton University on April 15.
>>> more info
Bluffton University's education department received reaccreditation until 2017. In its report, the NCATE team specifically cited Bluffton for modeling best professional practices in teaching and service, and for its leadership and authority, facilities and resources, including technology. >>>more