Through Bluffton's teacher education courses, you will be prepared to create communities of learning and respect in your classroom. Bluffton graduates are among the best qualified in the nation, as reflected in student rankings on the Praxis II assessments and in the reputation our graduates enjoy once they enter the teaching profession.
What's special about Bluffton's teacher education department?
- We are accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
- You will begin gaining experience in a classroom in a local school (also known as field experience) in your first semester as an education student.
- The Lion and Lamb Peace Arts Center of Bluffton University provides peace and conflict resolution programs and resources for education students and public school teachers and students.
- We are one of only 10 programs in Ohio offering a minor in TESOL (Teaching English
to Speakers of Other Languages.)
- Along with the various programs leading to state teacher licensure, we offer a master of arts in education program designed for both secondary and elementary teachers.
To contact the education department:
Want to learn more about Bluffton?
Bluffton is different in that you get hands-on experience (also called field experience) in a classroom beginning as early as your first year in the education program.
The Lion and Lamb
The Peace Arts Center provides peace and conflict resolution programs for school children and resources
for teachers. Along with children's literature, the center provides movies, music
and a visual art collection including children's book illustrations, fine art, sculptures
and children's artwork.
Bluffton University's education department received reaccreditation until 2017. In its report, the NCATE team specifically cited Bluffton for modeling best professional practices in teaching and service, and for its leadership and authority, facilities and resources, including technology. >>>more