Accreditation & affiliations
Bluffton University holds a certificate of authorization from the Ohio Board of Regents to confer the degrees of bachelor of arts, bachelor of science, master of arts in education, master of arts in organizational management and master of business administration. Bluffton University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association, www.ncahigherlearningcommission.org, 312-263-0456.
Bluffton is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) and approved by the State Department of Education of Ohio for the preparation of teachers at the initial and advanced levels in the regular academic fields and in specialized fields. The social work program is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education at the baccalaureate level, and the dietetics program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Dietetics Education of the American Dietetic Association. Bluffton University is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Music.
The university is an institutional member of
- Association of Independent Colleges and Universities of Ohio
- Council of Independent Colleges
- Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- Mennonite Education Agency
- National Collegiate Athletic Association (Division III)
- Ohio Foundation of Independent Colleges
- National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements
- American Association of Colleges of Teacher Education