Students in the business studies department have many opportunities for hands-on experience. Through Bluffton's marketing classes, students research actual companies, develop and present marketing plans to business owners.
In addition, roughly half of business students complete an internship by the time they graduate. Bluffton has partnered with the Bluffton Center for Entrepreneurs (BCE) to support local businesses and provide opportunities for Bluffton students. Other internships have been in a variety of businesses and not-for-profit organizations, including:
- Accounting firms (various)
- Arts Partnership of Findlay
- Auto-Owners Insurance
- Blanchard Valley Health System
- Bluffton Center for Entrepreneurs
- Citizens National Bank of Bluffton
- Cooper Tire Company
- Lima Memorial Hospital
- Lima News
- Marathon Oil Company
- Speedway Super America
- Speedy Arches (owns numerous area McDonalds)
- State Farm Insurance
- St. Rita s Medical Center
- Tower Automotive
- and other various local firms.
Students interested in an internship should contact Jason Swartzlander, director of internships, during their junior or senior year at Bluffton for more information.