Details for Submission
SUBMIT YOUR WORK
We do not have restrictions on content or topic; there are no restrictions on theme or genre. What we are really looking for is originality: work that demonstrates virtuosity and wonder; original writing that delights the reader.
GENERAL SUBMISSIONS ARE OPEN YEAR-ROUND.
Submit your own work at http://bridgebluffton.submittable.com/submit.
- We accept fiction, nonfiction and poetry. Soon, however, we will accept graphic novels, anime and art.
- Writers can submit only once per genre, per submission period
- While we acknowledge the pleasures of fanfiction, Bridge will not consider it for publication.
- Prose submissions are limited to 5000 words. Excerpts from novels-in-progress must be self-contained and fully realized stories.
- Poetry collections should consist of 1-4 poems, with a word count limit of 1000 words per author.
- We publish a print edition in the spring (April) and an online edition in the fall (December).
- Work must not be previously published in any form- online or print. We cannot consider work you posted on WattPad, your blog, or any writer forum/social media or in any other print media.
- However, you can submit work that appeared in school publications or newspapers
- Bridge only publishes writers age 14-24. You can be from anywhere in the world. Just be real.
- Bridge only publishes original work.
- The deadline for submissions for the spring 2018 print issue is Jan. 31, 2018.
Prose submissions are limited to 5,000 words. We do not have restrictions on content or topic; there are no restrictions on theme. Please note that we do not accept fanfiction.
Nonfiction includes personal essay, journalism, and memoir. Prose submissions are limited to 5,000 words. We do not have restrictions on content or topic; there are no restrictions on theme.
Poetry collections should consist of 1-4 poems, with a word count limit of 1,000 words per author. We do not have restrictions on content or topic; there are no restrictions on theme or genre.
Drama submissions are limited to 5,000 words (roughly 10-12 formatted pages).
COMICS, ART, GRAPHIC LITERATURE & ILLUSTRATED NARRATIVES
We accept fine art, comics, graphic literature and illustrated narratives in .JPG, .PNG, or .PDF format. Images should be high-resolution, CMYK format; 300 dpi or 1000x1000. Vertical orientation is preferred. Selected images will be published in approximately 5"x7" color format.