The Beaver Dam, White-outs, Black-outs, Purple Palooza.
The Bluffton student body supports friends, classmates and floormates on the field, court and diamond. Students fill the bleachers for volleyball and basketball games on Copeland Court. Cheerleaders get the crowd involved and entertain during basketball halftime.
Tryouts for 2013-14 basketball cheerleaders
6-8 p.m. Friday, Oct. 18
A clinic will be held prior to tryouts where you will learn a band dance, chant and basic stunt. You will be required to make up an original cheer using Bluffton words and colors.
Squad members will be named the night of tryouts in a confidential manner. For more information, contact Nicole Fairburn, cheerleading captain.
What is expected of a basketball cheerleader:
- Represent Bluffton University at all times
- Two hours of practice per day
- Attend all home basketball games
- Cooperate and try new things in a co-ed squad
- Bring a positive and sincere attitude
- Have lots of spirit to get the crowd pumped!