- Students will prepare for the competition by completing the assigned reading. The
day of the competition students will engage in a 45-minute on-campus presentation
from the Presidential Scholarship Lecturer. You may take notes during the presentation.
- Students will then have approximately 90 minutes to write an essay in response to a question provided on the topic.
- The reading can be brought with you to the competition for reference. No additional
materials can be used to write your essay.
- Readings for the 2017 competition were sent to all registered participants by mid-January 2017.
Any questions, please feel free to contact the admissions office at 419-358-3257.
After the competition
- Each essay will be read and scored by two Bluffton faculty members. Winners of the two premier scholarships will be determined by essay score, GPA and ACT/SAT results. All students competing will receive at least an additional $1,000 annual scholarship to Bluffton (worth $4,000 over four years).