College Credit Plus
- Students interested in participating in CCP at Bluffton University must submit an
online application for admission into the program along with a teacher's recommendation, guidance counselor's recommendation and a transcript.
- The deadline for new applications is May 1 for fall semester and December 1 for spring
- Students who wish to continue their participation in CCP must re-apply online each
semester and submit a guidance counselor's recommendation and transcript.
- Students must meet both the Bluffton University admission standards as well as the
college readiness standards as defined by the state of Ohio. Please see your guidance
counselor for more detail.
- CCP course registration will be mid-August for fall semester and mid-December for
- Admission to the CCP program does not guarantee that a student will be able to enroll
in any given course since the university has a primary obligation to first serve the
needs of the university’s degree-seeking students.
- Unless previously approved by the course instructor and the registrar, no more than
15 percent of the students in any course section shall be CCP students.
- Students are responsible for consulting with their high school guidance counselor
to determine if and how courses completed through CCP will be granted as credit toward
high school graduation requirements.
- All admitted students must attend a CCP orientation session. Option A students must
attend the orientation session held on Bluffton’s campus in August prior to course
registration. Option B students must attend the orientation session in September that
is scheduled through their local high school.
- Students in CCP will be limited to 30 college credit hours per academic year. Students
can earn a maximum of 120 college credit hours while in the program.
- The high school guidance counselor will monitor the total number of credit hours a
- Registration will be based on a first-come, first-served basis, determined by the
date of application submission.
- The registrar’s office will annually compile a list of courses for which accepted
CCP students will be allowed to register, based on space availability. Course selection
will be limited each semester.
- CCP students must return textbooks and any software on the last day of exams for each
semester. Grades will not be released until textbooks and software are returned. (This
does not apply to students continuing in classes that require the same textbook the
- Failure to pass, complete or properly drop a course for reasons other than those accepted
by the student’s school district may result in any or all financial obligation for
the course defaulting to the student or the student’s parent.
- If you enroll at Bluffton University after high school graduation, the credit earned
will be applied toward graduation requirements.