This information is for international students interested in pursuing an undergraduate degree from Bluffton University.
TO APPLY FOR ADMISSION, INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS NEED TO SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING:
- On-line application. Applications not received 3 months prior to the start of each academic semester
may be deferred to the next semester to allow for necessary processing time.
- OFFICIAL ENGLISH ASSESSMENT. This requirement may be completed by submitting official
scores for the TOEFL, SAT, ACT or approved equivalent assessment. For the TOEFL, a
minimum score of 500 (paper version) /180 (computer version) /64 (internet version)
is required for admission consideration. For the SAT, a minimum score of 920 (Critical
Reading and Math) is required. For the ACT, a minimum score of 19 is required.
- OFFICIAL (not copied) ACADEMIC RECORDS (i.e. transcripts, national examination results, grade reports) from all previous school work. Students must provide documented proof of having completed the equivalent level of secondary school in their respective country required for them to pursue university level work.
- TWO TEACHER RECOMMENDATIONS Download this form.
- PROOF OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT. We ask all students to complete financial aid application and declaration of finances forms. Information on these forms must be supported by official evidence.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS TRANSFERRING FROM ANOTHER COLLEGE OR UNIVERSITY IN THE UNITED STATES to Bluffton need to complete a transfer recommendation form (pdf) from each institution they have previously attended. This form needs to confirm you are in good academic standing and have no outstanding financial commitments. These students do not need to complete the two teacher recommendations listed above.