Tuition and fees
for 2018 - 19 academic year
based on 12-17 hours per semester, 15-meal plan
|Tuition for the 2018-19 academic year *
|Room and board||$ 10,800|
|Technology fee||$ 450|
|Total cost||$ 43,566
*First year students are billed an additional $115 for books and materials for the required class LAS 105, Becoming a Scholar.
For 2018-19, tuition is $16,158 per semester for 12-17 hours, and a technology fee is billed at $225 per semester. Contact the business office to obtain charges for less than 12 hours (part time) or for hours greater than 17.
Room and board
- Room and board for 2018-19 is based on $5,400 each semester for students who reside
on campus. Students who live in Neufeld Hall or Ramseyer Hall are charged an additional
$100 per semester. There is an additional charge for apartment living. Students living
in the apartments must select at least a 5 meal plan, where students in other residence
halls must select a 10 meal plan at the minimum.
Hall Room charge per semester Super Single charge per semester Bren-Dell, Ropp, Hirschy Complex $2,580 $3.230 Neufeld, Ramseyer, Riley Court $2,680 $3,330 Riley Court apartments $3,712
- Meal plans
- Residential students are initially billed for the Premier 15-meal plan. Each meal
plan includes "Beaver Bucks," dollars that can be used to purchase food items in the
snack bar or additional meals in The Commons. All residential students are required
to choose one of three meal plans: Full Value 20 plus meal plan, Premier 15 Plus meal
plan or Basic 10 Plus meal plan. First-year students must select between the 20 meal
plan or the 15 meal plan their first semester, and have the option of selecting the
10 meal plan beginning their second semester. A commuter/apartment meal plan is also
|Meal plan rates per semester|
|20 meal plan||$2,770|
|15 meal plan||$2,662|
|10 meal plan||$2,553|
|5 meal plan (apartments/commuters only)||$1,006|
- Textbooks and supplies are the responsibility of the student and costs vary. The campus bookstore offers books for purchase or rent, including buyback options. New students at Bluffton will be presented with their options during summer orientation.
The technology fee is used to cover the following student resources:
- Access to the campus network
- High speed Internet connection from the residence hall room and around campus
- Campus e-mail address
- Access to online course information and student records
- Technology center access
- Access to OhioLINK electronic library resources
- Regular upgrades to student computing resources
Preliminary billing information
- Payment-in-full plan: Each semester's bill (charges minus expected financial aid) is due on or before the first day of class.
- Ten-month plan: The yearly estimated cost is divided into 10 equal installments, beginning in July and continuing through April. The July payment is due on or before the 15th and subsequent payments are due on the first of each month. There is no finance charge if timely payments are made.