Stay overnight on campus
Overnight visits are available to students who have completed their application to Bluffton University. This is your opportunity to participate in regularly-planned evening campus events and spend the night in a residence hall. We'll plan a personal schedule just for you. You can choose to attend a class, meet with a faculty member in your intended major, meet with a coach, go on a personal campus tour and enjoy complimentary meals in The Commons dining hall. Most overnight visits begin in the evening and conclude after lunch.
Please register for overnight visits at least two weeks in advance so we can plan
an enjoyable visit for you. A minimum two-day advance registration is required.
>>> register today
- Overnights are scheduled Sunday-Thursday evenings during the academic year. Plan to arrive between 5-8 p.m.
- You will be matched with a Bluffton student as your overnight host. We try to match visitors with students with similar interests. If you have friends or family you would like to stay with, just let us know.
- Bring along a pillow, blanket, towel and flip flops for the shower along with any personal items. Bring a jacket and comfortable walking shoes for your campus tour.
- There is no cost for the overnight visit - all meals in The Commons dining hall are complimentary. However, you may want to bring some money for extras.
- Select local hotel information is available if family members plan to stay nearby! Mention that you are visiting Bluffton University for a discounted rate at some hotels.
Due to student breaks and finals, overnight visits will not be scheduled for the following dates:
Oct. 12-13 (Fall break)
Nov. 25-Nov. 30 (Thanksgiving break)
Dec. 7-Jan. 5 (Finals & Christmas break)
March 1-7 (Spring break)
The last date to request an overnight visit for 2014-15 academic year is April 23.