International admission requirements
This information is for international students interested in pursuing an undergraduate degree from Bluffton University.
To apply for admission, international students need to submit the following:
- Application for admission to Bluffton University. Students have the option of submitting a paper version (pdf) or on-line application. Applications must be received 3 months prior to the start of each academic semester
to allow for necessary processing time.
- Official TOEFL or SAT examination results. For the TOEFL, a minimum score of 500 (paper version) /180 (computer version) /64 (internet version) is required for admission consideration. For the SAT, a minimum score of 920 (Critical Reading and Math) is required. We do not waive the requirement to take one of these examinations.
- Official (not copied) academic records (i.e. transcripts, national examination results, grade reports) from all previous school work. Students must provide documented proof of having completed the equivalent level of secondary school in their respective country required for them to pursue university level work.
- Proof of financial support. We ask all students to complete financial aid application and declaration of finances forms.
- Two teacher recommendations. Download this form.
- International students transferring from another college or university in the United States to Bluffton need to complete a transfer recommendation form(pdf) from each institution they have previously attended. This form needs to confirm you are in good academic standing and have no outstanding financial commitments. These students do not need to complete the two teacher recommendations listed above.
- International students transferring from a college or university outside the United States need to submit both the teacher recommendations and the transfer recommendation forms.