Tuition and fees
Tuition and fees
for 2016 - 17 academic year
based on 12-17 hours per semester, 15-meal plan
|Tuition for the 2016-17 academic year *
|Room and board||$ 10,188|
|Technology fee||$ 450|
|Total cost||$ 40,950
*First year students are billed an additional $115 for for books and materials for the required class LAS 105, Becoming a Scholar.
Tuition is $15,156 per semester for 12-17 hours, and a technology fee is billed at $225 per semester. Contact the Business Office to obtain charges for less than 12 hours (part time) or for hours greater than 17.
Room and board
- Room and board is based on $5,094 each semester for students who reside on campus. Students who live in Neufeld Hall,Ramseyer Hall, or Riley Court are charged an additional $100 per semester. Residential students are initially billed for the Premier 15-meal plan. Each meal plan includes "Beaver Bucks," dollars that can be used to purchase food items in the snack bar or additional meals in The Commons. All residential students are required to choose one of three meal plans: Full Value 20 plus meal plan, Premier 15 Plus meal plan or Basic 10 Plus meal plan. First-year students must select between the 20 meal plan or the 15 meal plan their first semester, and have the option of selecting the 10 meal plan beginning their second semester. A commuter meal plan is also available.
- >>> more information about meal plans, including pricing
- Textbooks and supplies are the responsibility of the student and costs vary. The campus bookstore offers books for purchase or rent, including buyback options. New students at Bluffton will be presented with their options during summer orientation.
- The technology fee is used to cover the following student resources:
- Access to the campus network
- High speed Internet connection from the residence hall room and around campus
- Campus e-mail address
- Access to online course information and student records
- Technology center access
- Access to OhioLINK electronic library resources
- Regular upgrades to student computing resources
Preliminary billing information
- Payment-in-full plan: Each semester's bill (charges minus expected financial aid) is due on or before the first day of class.
- Ten-month plan: The yearly estimated cost is divided into 10 equal installments, beginning in July and continuing through April. The July payment is due on or before the 15th and subsequent payments are due on the first of each month. There is no finance charge if timely payments are made.