Job placement guidelines
The following is a guide to be used when a student and/or supervisor requests that a student hold more than one position on campus:
A student may hold one job
from either Category 1 OR Category 2
Category 1: Students holding jobs with unique responsibilities (prior experience is often required). Students holding these positions may NOT add hours from Category 2.
Hours from Category 3 may be added with permission from their supervisor and the Learn and Earn office. Jobs with unique responsibilities include positions in various departments ranging from 12 - 20 hours per week.
- Resident assistants can hold up to a 4 hour position in their major if approved by the director of housing.
- Hall directors generally are not permitted to hold another campus job.
Category 2: Most standard jobs are 6-10 hours per week. A standard job may include a combination of four and/or six hour standard jobs, not to exceed 10 hours per week.
Category 3: Add-on Jobs: The following positions can be added to standard jobs. In general, a student may hold one standard position (or equivalent) and up to two of these positions without special permission:
- Dining services catering contracts
- Phonathon callers
- Mentors, tutors in various departments
- Athletic game assistants
- Student accompanist
- Hall chaplains @ 4 hours per week (RA's cannot also hold a hall chaplain position)
Admissions ambassadors and intramural referees are not part of the Learn and Earn program. Students are paid directly by their department.