Disability services

Students with disabilities, who wish to request accommodations, should register with the counselor for disability services early in the semester. This allows time for appropriate arrangements to be made, if appropriate. In accordance with federal laws, students requesting accommodations must provide documentation of their disability to the counselor for disability services, Jacqui Slinger, third floor College Hall (in the Learning Resource Center).  She may also be reached at 419-358-3215 or by email at slingerj@bluffton.edu.

Bluffton University does not discriminate against qualified students with disabilities. The mission of Disability Services at Bluffton University is to ensure that qualified students with disabilities are provided access to all programs in order to maximize their educational potential, develop independence to the fullest extent possible and perform at a level limited only by their abilities, not their disabilities.

Section 504 (Americans with Disabilities Act) Coordinator

Under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, colleges and universities must appoint a Section 504 coordinator. Jacqui Slinger, director of Academic Development Services, is the official Section 504/ADA Coordinator for Bluffton University. The ADA Coordinator's office is located within the Learning Resource Center on the third floor of College Hall, and can be contacted at 419-358-3215.

The ADA Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that the university complies with federal regulations that guarantee qualified college students with disabilities equal access to all programs and services. Any student, faculty or staff member may contact the ADA Coordinator s office for clarification of federal regulations, appeal of a grievance or resolution of a disability-related problem.