Bluffton University's policy is to provide students a prompt and fair method of resolving complaints of discrimination based upon a disability.
- Complaints of discrimination based on a disability must be forwarded in writing to the counselor for disability services, Bluffton University, 1 University Drive, Bluffton, OH 45817-2104. For additional information, call 419-358-3215.
- A complaint must be filed in writing within 15 working days after the complainant becomes aware of the alleged violation.
- Following the filing of a complaint an appropriate investigation shall follow due process procedures including an opportunity for the complainant to be heard and present witnesses and other evidence. The investigation shall be conducted by the counselor for disability services.
- A written determination of findings and a description of the resolution shall be issued by the counselor for disability services and forwarded to the complainant as soon as the investigation is completed, normally no later than 30 working days after the filing of the complaint.
- For complaints in which the counselor for disability services is involved in the decisions and/or actions challenged in the grievance, the university's ADA/504 Coordinator will serve as the alternate investigator.