Librarians at Musselman Library provide instruction designed to meet the library research needs of Bluffton University students and faculty. Instruction sessions take many forms, including all of the following:
- Library tours and basic orientation for Becoming A Scholar, Post-Secondary, and other students
- Focused instructional sessions for a particular course or assignment
- Presentations to faculty on databases relevant to their area of study
- One-on-one sessions with faculty and students for in-depth review of resources
Our Seminar Room provides presentation space and seating for 24 to 30 persons at 2-person tables. Instruction sessions can be brought to your classroom if special arrangements are necessary.
REQUESTING AN INSTRUCTION SESSION: Arrangements for any type of instructional session should be made by contacting Paul Weaver, Research Librarian (419-358-3448, email@example.com). You will be asked to provide the following when you request a session:
- Your name and contact information
- Course Name and enrollment, if the session is for a specific class
- Preferred and alternative date and time for the session
- A list of specific library resources you want to be sure we cover in the session
- If applicable, a description of the kind of library research you'll require from your students
- If applicable, a copy of the syllabus and/or assignment handout you will give to your students
You will be matched with a member of the instruction staff who will then work directly with you to coordinate the specific details of this instruction session.
If you have any questions about these procedures, please contact Paul Weaver at 419-358-3448 (x3448 on campus).