|In 1926, this chapel was dismantled in France and moved to Gertrude Hill Gavin's estate in New York, where it was rebuilt. In 1964 the estate changed hands and the chapel was donated to Marquette University. It was again dismantled, moved, and reconstructed.|
Distant viewsA Gothic altar and the Joan of Arc Stone, "a niche stone that supported a statue of Our Lady and at which Joan of Arc (1412-1431) prayed" were transported from France with the dismantled chapel (Korom 129). Thus, the chapel was renamed after the French heroine and martyr.
Views of the nave wall and rear
Click here to return to index of art historical sites.
Click here to return to index of artists and architects.
Click here to return to chronological index.
Click here to see the home page of Bluffton College.