View of the facadeIn the 1920's commercial development of this area of Atlanta (Peachtree Center) began. (See also J. P. Allen Building). This department store was built by the Peters Land Company whose Art Deco ornament (with a P and an L interlaced with "Co") is engraved in the two center spandrels. Other Art Deco ornaments are evident in the undulating designs of the cornice, in the rosettes and roundels, and in the elaborate capitals on the spandrels. The ground floor has been altered.