|The Mechanical Laboratory and Power House, one of Rice's four original buildings (1912), provides the background for these enormous sculptures. The same kind of granite was used in the sculptures as that used by Cram, Goodhue & Ferguson in their building.|
|The titles of the works refer to the angles of the colossal slabs and provide some connection to a courtyard related to engineering..|
Go to the index of works on the Rice University campus.
Click here to return to index of art historical sites.
Click here to return to index of artists and architects.
Click here to return to chronological index.
Click here to see the home page of Bluffton College.